Sign up for a meal here:
Please deliver meals by 5:45PM Mon-Fri at
Learning Center, 2201 N. Jefferson St. North Jefferson Street, Huntington, Indiana
**ALSO VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE**: Please DO NOT BRING items containing any type of NUT or items that have been cooked in PEANUT OIL, as we have team member(s) with allergies.
People ask “How many people should I cook for?” Below is our best guess…
There are SIX WEEKS in a build season, we always refer to the weeks as WEEK 1, WEEK 2, etc…
Past attendance estimates
Mon – 45-55 people
Tue – 45-55 people
Wed – 35-45 people
Thu – 45-55 people
Fri – 35-45 people
One way to get a better estimate, is to look at see how many people signed in the day before.
We use an online signin system. Check here one day earlier to see a better estimate.
Or email one of the mentors and ask us what we think.
Plates, silverware, cups are provided, you do not have to bring those items.
Here are some ideas of what you could make when it’s your turn to provide food for the team:
- Hotdogs/chili dogs/brats
- Sloppy Joes or BBQ sandwiches
- Crock-pots of chili, macaroni & cheese, beef stew, spaghetti…
- Fried chicken -At least 2 pieces per person
- Lasagna & garlic toast
- Pizza (at least 3-4 slices per person)
- Party platter of subs from Subway, etc.
- Sides like fresh baby carrots, grapes, potato salad, cole slaw, and baked beans are good.
- Breakfast food, such as waffles, pancakes, biscuits & gravy also go over very well.
- While it is not possible to please everyone, try to choose foods that have mass appeal.
We have a fridge this year so drinks can be brought early so they can get cold.